Current Projects : Instructions and project planning progression
LAND OFF DUKES MEADOW DRIVE,
Welcome to Manor Oak Homes’ public consultation website for our proposed new development at land off Dukes Meadow Drive, Banbury in Oxfordshire.
Our Vision: Manor Oak Homes are pleased to announce we will shortly be submitting a planning application for a development of up to 175 quality new houses including 30% affordable housing and public open space.
We welcome your views on our proposals
The Proposed Development
The proposed development will seek to deliver an attractively designed new residential scheme of circa 175 new homes comprising a range of house types, sizes and tenures. The Concept Masterplan has been sensitively designed to respect the surrounding settings and provide a landscape led approach to the development including:
- The delivery of up to 175 quality new homes as a second phase to the recently approved 78 dwellings on Phase 1 to the south;
- A mixed community including a range of smaller properties and family dwellings;
- Development at an approximate density of 25-30dph similar to Phase 1 and similar to development to the east and west on Dukes Meadow Drive;
- The provision of up to 53 affordable homes (30% of the total) including both social rented and shared ownership dwellings;
- A layout which includes new trees and open space both around and throughout the development which will include a multi-use games area and new children’s play facilities;
- A vehicular access drawn from the adjacent Dukes Meadow Drive / Lapsley Drive roundabout via the approved Phase 1;
- The retention of all hedgerows and trees around the fringes of the site; and
- An integrated drainage system designed to function in a similar fashion to the Phase 1 scheme using a series of surface ponds to ensure run off is managed at existing rates.
Stakeholder engagement is a key part of the development process and we are interested to hear residents’ views, ideas and concerns. Alongside the leaflet informing residents near the site, we have set up this dedicated consultation page so that residents have the opportunity to ask questions, or to comment on the proposals prior to Manor Oak Homes submitting a planning application.
Data Protection: all contact details and comments will only be used expressly in connection with this consultation.
This consultation exercise precedes the submission of an outline planning application to Cherwell District Council which will seek permission for the principle of up to 175 dwellings along with access. All other details will be subject to reserved matters applications in future.
If the application is approved, it is envisaged that the development would follow these indicative timescales:
- Outline planning permission issued: Winter 2022/23;
- Detailed ‘Reserved Matters’ application: Spring 2023;
- Reserved Matters planning permission: Autumn 2023;
- Start on site: Winter 2023;
- Site completion: Summer 2026
Residents in close proximity to the site should receive a formal invitation to respond to the application from Cherwell District Council upon the submission of the application. Any response you make will be made available to Manor Oak Homes accompanied by Officer advice explaining how we should address any issues raised.
Pre-Application Consultation closes 19th August
We welcome your views on our proposals:
As part of developing our proposals, we would like feedback from local people about what this future environment should look like and how it will best fit in with your community and your surrounding areas.
We would like to hear your views on areas such as:
– Public open space
– Broad mix of homes
– Access and connectivity
– Affordable homes
We welcome your views on our Proposals by 19th August 2022
FEEDBACK : Land off Dukes Meadow Drive, Banbury
Use our online form, left, or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can write to us at:
Armstrong Rigg Planning,
Colworth Science Park,
Data Protection: your contact details and comments will only be used expressly in connection with this consultation.
Current Projects : Locations
MEET THE TEAM
Manor Oak Homes is a multi-disciplined company that specialises in promotional agreements and option agreements for strategic land opportunities co-founded by John Briggs and William Main in 2010.
We beleive in working on an open-book basis, building a strong relationship with clients, consultants, political bodies and industry contacts alike. We insist on working in a spirit of good faith, ensuring that we work in an environment of transparency and trust. We do not rely on a board, or the excuse of a board not to get things done, and will always pick up the phone at the first opportunity.