Current Projects : Instructions and project planning progression
LAND AT DUKES MEADOW DRIVE
Welcome to Manor Oak Homes’ public consultation website for our proposed new development at Land at Dukes Meadow Drive, Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Our Vision: Manor Oak Homes are pleased to announce we will shortly be submitting a planning application for a development of up to 78 quality new homes including 30% affordable housing, new trees and public open space.
We welcome your views on our proposals
The Proposed Development
- The delivery of up to 78 quality new homes including a mix of smaller properties and family dwellings;
- Development at an approximate density of 30dph similar to the nearby proposals to the east and west on Dukes Meadow Drive;
- The provision of up to 24 affordable homes (30% of the total) including both social rented and shared ownership dwellings;
- A layout which includes new trees and open space both around and throughout the development;
- New vehicular access drawn from the adjacent Dukes Meadow Drive / Lapsley Drive roundabout;
- The retention of all hedgerows and trees around the fringes of the site; and
- An integrated drainage system using a series of surface ponds to ensure run off is managed at existing rates.
The Draft Design and Access Statement is available to dowload here.
The application will seek to respond to the urgent need for new homes across Cherwell due to the district’s deficient housing land supply. Local Planning Authorities are expected to demonstrate a 5 year housing land supply to meet the needs of a growing population.
Currently there is only at best a 4.7 year supply across the district. Manor Oak Homes and Armstrong Rigg Planning have together worked positively with Council Officers to identify the best way to bring forward new homes on the application site. Importantly it is one which is located immediately next to the district’s largest town and is capable of providing up to 78 new homes in a location well served by shops, services and sustainable modes of transport.
Additionally, it has been identified through extensive pre-application survey work that there are no environmental constraints which should preclude its development.
This consultation exercise precedes the submission of an outline planning application which will seek permission for the principle of 78 dwellings and the design of the access. All other details will be subject to reserved matters applications in future.
If the application is approved, it is envisaged that the development would follow these indicative timescales:
- Outline planning permission issued: Winter 2021/22;
- Detailed ‘Reserved Matters’ application: Spring 2022;
- Reserved Matters planning permission: Autumn 2022;
- Start on site: Winter 2022;
- Site completion: Summer 2024
You should shortly receive a formal invitation to respond to the application from Cherwell District Council upon the submission of the application. Any response you make will be made available to Manor Oak Homes accompanied by Officer advice explaining how we should address any issues raised.
We welcome your views on our proposals:
As part of developing our proposals, we would like feedback from local people about what this future environment should look like and how it will best fit in with your community and your surrounding areas.
We would like to hear your views on areas such as:
– Public open space
– Broad mix of homes
– Access and connectivity
– Affordable homes
We welcome your views on our Proposals
FEEDBACK : Land off Dukes Meadow Drive, Banbury
Use our online form, left, or alternatively email: email@example.com
You can write to us at:
Armstrong Rigg Planning,
Colworth Science Park,
Data Protection: your contact details and comments will only be used expressly in connection with this consultation.
Current Projects : Locations
MEET THE TEAM
Manor Oak Homes is a multi-disciplined company that specialises in promotional agreements and option agreements for strategic land opportunities co-founded by John Briggs and William Main in 2010.
We beleive in working on an open-book basis, building a strong relationship with clients, consultants, political bodies and industry contacts alike. We insist on working in a spirit of good faith, ensuring that we work in an environment of transparency and trust. We do not rely on a board, or the excuse of a board not to get things done, and will always pick up the phone at the first opportunity.